Saturday, April 9, 2011

DIAPER BAG FOR BABY DOLLS (or a cute little purse!)

I had a request from a sweet little girl.  For her birthday, she wanted me to make her a diaper bag to use when she plays with her baby dolls.  Having 3 boys, it's not very often that I get to make cute little girl things so I jumped right on it.  Here is what I came up with.


The birthday girl helped pick out the fabric from my stash.  I think she did a fabulous job...I love the bright colors!  The bag is complete with 5 outside pockets and 3 inside pockets.  Just the perfect size for all of her American Girl doll needs :)  Or, it could also double as a purse.  I love it when things have more than 1 use!


I used my Silhouette to make a personalized label.  That thing has come in so handy!  I added the year so it would be easier to know when I made this particular bag for her.  You can see a picture of the messenger bag I made for her birthday last year here (it's the one at the bottom of the post).

I don't have a link for a tutorial this time since I just kinda made up the pattern as I went along.  If you have any questions about the bag, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  It is sunny and beautiful here...yay!

Smiles
~Beth

2 comments:

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Beth!

Stephanie W said...

You probably have NO idea...but where did you get that grey fabric?